Monday, October 17, 2005

DVDLaser.com

I've just added a link for my brother Doug's web site: DVDLaser.com.

Doug is the expert on past, present and future DVD releases. Through The DVD - LaserDisc Newsletter which he was published every month for the last 21 years, Doug has faithfully reviewed the artistic content and technical quality of thousands of DVD's and Laser Discs. He has been quoted in Newsweek, Time Magazine and writes a regular column for Rolling Stone.

So, check out his site and read some of his reviews - you may decide that the information is so essential that you will want to order his newsletter so you can get the latest word every month.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Pratt said...

Doug's DVD newsletter is considered to be one of the best review magazines among video collectors and aficionados. He has been at it for years, and is able to communicate both his impression of the film he is reviewing as well as the technical details of the release in fairly short, succinct and generally entertaining reviews. If you buy a lot of DVDs, I highly recommend getting a subscription to his newsletter or buying the latest edition of his book of reviews.

9:18 PM  
Blogger rachel fuller said...

hey Tom! email me your address so i can send your prizes! RF

1:56 PM  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Wow, you're brother is somewhat of a celebrety then isn't he? I wish i had a column in rolling stone, I dont care what it was about really. yes i do, who am i kidding? I would love to reveiw my favourite albums. no restrictions to when they were released either. i don't think i would be able to be a music critic, nothing negative could be said from me about music. even if i didn't like something, i would feel really bad about publicly stating it you know?
ok, sort of a random comment! haha.

- claire -

2:33 PM  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

I'll check it out.

11:41 AM  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Tom, just wanted to thankyou and hope that you had a good Christmas and New year, I hope you have a great year. I want to thankyou again for all your kind and wise words. I love Nick Drake, and appreciate your connection.
I will checkout your brother's site, but I primarily wanted you and Carrie to know that I appreciate you very much. Thankyou mate.
mikey

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home